employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
To view more Goodwill Industries of Central & Southern Indiana openings, Click Here
Store Team Leader (Martinsville, IN) Click Here to Apply or send text code 04829 to (317) 653-4150
Store Team Leader (Bedford, IN) Click Here to Apply or send text code 64861 to (317) 653-4150
The Store Team Leader supports his/her Store Leader and leadership team, and staff to execute store operational objectives that support the annual operating plan. He or she makes decisions involving customers, team members, operational issues, business planning, priority-setting, compliance with company policies, and all areas of the business.
This position supports and drives Goodwill’s mission to help people in central Indiana prepare for, find and keep jobs; and supports and manages by embracing and demonstrating Goodwill’s five basic principles.
High school diploma or GED highly preferred or willingness to attain.
· 6 months minimum supervisory/leadership experience in a service-related industry.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve results through others without a direct reporting relationship.
· Solid verbal and written communication skills.
· Basic computer skills including an understanding of Microsoft Office products and Internet navigation. Familiarity with Google application, a plus.
· Hands on, results oriented, driven to achieve goals, passionate, and basic analytical skills.
Hours of Operation – Retail Stores
Opportunities in the retail division require availability within the site’s hours of operation. Opportunities in Leadership will require flexibility with your schedule around the retail site’s hours of operation. Below are the hours of operation for our Retail Store.
8:00am to 10:00pm Monday thru Saturday
10:00am to 8:00pm Sunday
Operations – 30% time spent
· Completes day to day objectives.
· Suggests efficiency improvements.
· MISSION INTEGRATION - Integrates and represents Goodwill’s mission and 5 Basic Principles to internal and external customers at all times.
Staff management and Development– 60% time spent
· Provides coaching and training to hourly employees on daily tasks.
· Involved in the hourly associate recruitment process including prescreening and interviewing candidates, as needed.
· Seeks out opportunities for professional development for both self and other team members.
· MISSION INTEGRATION – Models behaviors and holds staff to standards of conduct consistent with Goodwill’s mission and 5 Basic Principles.
Financial management and reporting – 10% time spent
· Acts as a good steward of resources available at the site including people, time, and money.
· Tracks and measures day to day sales, production goals, and donations.
15–50 full-time and part-time employees
Recruiting, training and retaining a productive hourly workforce
Achieving daily production goals
Effectively monitoring and managing merchandising and inventory
Compensation and benefits
Base range: $11.00 hourly
Full-time employees may participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes:
· Continuing education and leadership development
· Comprehensive health plan